... Or, if I didn't, I at least blew my own.
---WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR FEAR---
This may be a random coincidence, or it may not. Look at this:
- It's mentioned (I forgot where/by who) that the Gaiaphage was created as a mixture of bacteria on the meteorite and the human DNA of the man killed in the nuclear power plant. Or something like that. It had to do with human DNA.
- The man killed by the meteorite was Taegan Smith, the father of Sam and Caine, making it his DNA in the Gaiaphage.
- Therefore, Sam and Caine are, in a sense, the Gaiaphage's sons.
- Coincidently, they also happen to be the two most powerful mutants in the FAYZ before Fear (excluding Pete, as he's some kind of super-mutant).
- The Gaiaphage takes over the body of Caine's daughter Gaia. The Gaiaphage's granddaughter.
- Gaia happens to be the third four-bar, with powers to an unknown extent.
Short version: The three most powerful mutants in the FAYZ just happen to be the Gaiaphage's sort-of sons/granddaughter.
As I said, this may be a total coincidence, but I don't think Michael Grant does ANYTHING coincidently.