|Policies and guidelines|
|User conduct guidelines|
Article layout guidelines
Administrators and moderators
There are five kinds of users with additional powers on the Gone Wiki - rollback, chat moderators, discussion moderators, administrators and bureaucrats.
- Rollback have the power to roll back (undo more than one) edits with just one click.
- Chat moderators have the power to ban users from the Discord chat.
- Discussion moderators have the power to remove posts on the discussions board. Some also have chat moderation duties, and patroller duties.
- Administrators have the power to roll back edits with just one click, mark edits as patrolled, ban users from the wiki and chat, delete pages and protect pages.
- Bureaucrats differ from regular administrators in that bureaucrats can give and revoke other people's administrative powers.
For details, please see Help:User access levels.
Users with special user rightsEdit
User rights requestsEdit
For you to become an administrator, moderator or bureaucrat, someone with bureaucrat rights must make you one. Please note that the additional user rights are not a reward for good contributions nor a promotion to have more authority than other users. Simply put, a special rights user is a user who is being trusted with access to certain technical features to aid in article or community maintenance. Not everybody who meets the requirements will automatically become a special rights user, they are appointed on a per-need basis. Anyone running for a staff position must have a wiki account.
If you wish to run for a staff position, you must contact a bureaucrat and they will set up a vote in the Discord server. You cannot vote for yourself.
Unless specific requirements are listed below, there are no restrictions on who can become staff on the wiki.
Votes conducted in the Discord server will last for 1 to 2 days. Deciding the amount of time is up to bureaucrats.
To be able to run for the position of chat moderator, one must have been active in the Discord server for over two months and have sent over 500 messages. You must also not have been banned on the Wiki or Discord in a period of 3 months prior to making the request. If all these requirements are met contact an administrator and they will help you set up the vote.